The area is divided into two parts: the western area
is populated, while in the east there are mainly lagoon wetlands.
The territory has certainly been inhabited since ancient times, as a Neolithic boat
discovered in Lova testifies. Later on, during the Roman age, the Venetians built villages
populated by farmers and fishermen.
Via Popilia passed through this area and a Roman colony settled here. Lova rose on the
Decumano and a parish church was built there. Indeed, the area of Lova is of particular
interest: of many archeological items of the Roman period, in particular funeral urns and
inscriptions have been collected. Even though many items have been lost, the presence of coins
dating back to the Imperial age witnesses the importance of the area
The River Carnio-Brentella flows into the lagoon near Lova. It is the only element of the
ancient hydrography still preserved. Here in the fields, traces of vast Roman settlements
The Church of S. Giustina dates back to 1236, as the tombstone at the entrance confirms.
The 17th century painting behind the altar "The Martyrdom of S.
Giustina" is very interesting. The paintings of "The Virgin with Child and
Saints", dating back to the 16th and 17th centuries are of
Wild boar found in Lova,
now on show at the National Archeological Museum in Venice