Inside the central traverse (on the left) the fort's command was
housed, along with the offices, the officers' apartments, the infirmary and the
lavatories. this upper part was trasformed in 1910 to provide six well posts, more
effective having the possibility of a shooting range of 360 degrees.
The traverse, like the fort, is covered with a metal net (the faraday cage) which is a
lightning conductor protecting the entire fort after its transformation into a munition
store after the first World War.