Villa Foscari known as "La Malcontenta"
Villa Foscari called la Malcontenta, finished in
1560 for Nicolò and Luigi Foscari, represents one of Andrea Palladios most
ingenious architectonic solutions for its harmonious and elegant, but at the same time
solemn and compact, form. The northern front is formed by a ionic pronaos laid on a high
base accessible by two lateral staircases. The southern facade is simpler, dominated by
the large window which lights the central hall of the main floor. The interior is
grandiose, with a large hall in the form of a Greek cross. There are frescos on
allegorical and mythological themes by Giambattista Zelotti and Battista Franco.
|From Venezia, S.S.11
towards Padova, follow the signs for Fusina (ca. 16 km)
From Strà, S.S.11 towards Venezia, follow the signs for Fusina (ca. 20 km)