|San Stino di
the little Church of Rosario.
|Ancient Roman settlement on via Annia.
The 10th century castle was the old seat of the Patriarchs of Aquileia.
The parish Church of 1907 houses paintings by Giuseppe Cherubini.
The town had its period of glory of which we are reminded still today by some villas like Villa Cherubini of the 17th century, a country house in Venetian style and Villa Rubini of the 18th century.
Other objects of historical interest are the Sette Sorelle water-scooping machine (Sette Sorelle), Agassi’s water-scooping machine (Biverone).
Placed on the “strada dei Vini D.O.C.”
|From Portogruaro, S.S. 14
towards Venice (c. 16 km)
From S. Donà, S.S. 14 towards Trieste (c. 20 km)