National Concordiese Museum of Portogruaro
Muschietti's collection was constituted at the end the 16th century. It was given to the Municipality of Portogruaro, and kept in the Town hall during the second-half of the XIX century. It established the Museum's first core. There were many finds discovered, during some successful excavations in the urban area and in the Concordia Sagittaria burial ground. That's why a more suitable place was required. Here the new and the previously discovered materials were gathered and conserved.
The Town Hall acquired the Seminario Street Area and the Ministry financed the construction of the National Concordiese Museum of Portogruaro which was set up in 1885. The building was constructed on a Basilica plan with 3 aisles.
Most of the epigraphic material was walled up according to the typical 19th century criteria.
The Museum, completely opened again in 1986, after repair work and reorganisation, shows an exhibition of the renewed material in the show-cases, while in the room with stone items the old arrangement testifies an enchanting epoch.
On the ground floor the building consists of an entrance and a big room with three aisles where stone items forming the most important hub of the collection are on display.
In the room on the right of the entrance, examples of small carvings and portraits as well as show cases with coins and detailed documentation are on show.
On the first floor, two small rooms are dedicated to the collection of small items divided into categories: bronzes, ceramics with glass facing.
A third room shows a choice of examples from excavations which have begun again in Concordia Sagittaria in recent years on a regular basis.